Friday, July 12, 2013

Khaleesi my little queen

After Kita passed away in December the house was super empty.  I'd hear her at night , during the day, I saw her walking around the house and it broke my heart.  In April I started actively looking to adopt a dog after dreaming about this little non de-script brown dog who would sleep in my bed for about two weeks.
So I scoured FB and came across this little foxy boy at an SPCA 90 minutes from my house.  He looked exactly like Kita!  So off we went to the SPCA to have a look at him.  Sadly we didn't click and I wanted to go home after meeting him.  My friend convinced me to look around, so we walked down the rows greeting the doggies and I was fine the whole time, until I got to G4.  I bent down to greet this scared little girl and the moment I touched her, I KNEW she was the dog from my dreams.  I burst into tears!
When I met her at the SPCA

Needless to say the little 'funny' came home with me!  On our way home she threw up on me 5 times (she still gets car sick).  I dropped her off and then went to go buy her food since I had nothing in the house, it was a bit unexpected (thought I'd go back to fetch her, not get her the same day!!!).  I got home and asked my mom where she was and found her curled up in Kita's old bed next to mine.  She was exhausted poor pup.  That night while I watched TV and every night following for the next week she slept on my chest, curled up under a blanket and being cuddled.  Think she was so happy to finally have her human that she didn't want to let me go.  She also cried when I had to leave for work in the morning :(

 First day home


That was almost three months ago!!!  Needless to say she went from subdued and submissive to outgoing, friendly, confident and being an absolute clown!! Hehehehe

If asked she would say:  "I love chasing, catching and tormenting those bloody pigeons who come into our yard.  Every flower my gran plants, I unplant cuz it shouldn't be there.  I love my other doggies friends, especially Zoe and Sali.  At school I have a boyfriend, his name is Benji and he's also a rescue mutt, even though he's really big and I have to stand on my back legs to reach his face I LOVE giving him kisses!  My teacher says I'm super smart, Momma agrees but sometimes I ignore her because I'm smelling things and frankly that's much more interesting than what she is.  My granny's lap was made for me to sleep on.  Destroying expensive toys is my 3rd favourite thing to do, especially Kong balls.  I don't like doggy treats or biscuits but I LOVE my Acana food and human food, especially biltong.  Although there's nothing better on earth than sleeping in the bed with mom, or just sleeping in general under the covers cuz it's fweezing outside!!!"



So here's to my pup!  One of the best things that have ever happened to me, my Leesi!


No comments:

Post a Comment