Monday, August 5, 2013

Distorted views

I have a guy friend who is very close to my heart.  We can and do spend hours chatting about everything under the sun.  He's smart, attractive, sweet, friendly, outgoing and just awesome all round BUT he has two horrible flaws.  The first:  He is incapable of seeing what he deserves.  The second: His ego.

Why the first one is such a tragic flaw is quite obvious.  He'll happily shack up with a woman who treats him like shit because of his second flaw, his ego and the fact that the woman looks good on his arm.  He prevents himself from being with a woman who can offer more than good looks.  We spoke today about the latest lady and he told me that he likes the feeling of being awesome a woman's eyes.

My only response was, is she awesome in yours?  He answered no.

Relationships go two ways.  You want to be with someone who you adore, who makes you a better person.  Someone you can look up to and respect for who they are and the things they do.  You also want to be with someone who looks up to and respects you, because it makes you feel good being admired and wanted.  However you can't have just one of these, the relationship won't work.  You don't love someone because they love you.  You love someone because of who they are.

Thing is, this is a pattern amongst the majority of people I know.  For some reason they can't see their own value and worth.  They'll settle for less because deep down they don't believe that they deserve better.  Which astounds me because to me they're amazing.

I often wish people could see themselves through my eyes.  Even if just for a moment.

Anyways enough contemplating about what goes on in other people's minds! 

Leesi is doing fantastic and is learning soooo quickly!  This week she managed to stay in a highly distracting environment.  She kept her focus on me.  She learned to target, walk on her back legs and she FINALLY gets recall!!  Not bad for 1 doggy class :p

I ordered her a new harness from Le Pawtique on Wednesday last week and they delivered by Friday morning.  I've ordered from them before and their service really is outstanding!

So here's the cutie rocking her new harness:


I wish it was just a little bit bigger BUT if I went one size up it would have been too big. 

I've also decided that I'm going to test he for a therapy dog in September.  She'll be great at this as she loves all people!!!  Before then though we really have to hunker down on training.  She needs to build more focus on me in distracting environments as well as heel (which she currently can't do).   Even if we don't pass this is an awesome goal to work towards.  Besides it means more time spent together and that is just awesome!

Wish us luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment